Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Come to the BEST Plant Sale!!

Posted by yourpal z6 NJ (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 07 at 10:33

Maplewood Garden Club's 70th Annual Plant Sale begins Thursday, May 10, and continues through Saturday, May 12, at the Maplewood Pool Parking Lot, Boyden Avenue (off Springfield Avenue in Maplewood).

Large selections of plants will be available--annuals, trees, shrubs, boxwoods, tropicals, perennials, vegetables, fruits, hanging baskets, dish gardens, container plants, and member-grown plants. Knowledgeable members will be available for expert garden/planting/selection advice.

Hours:
Thursday: 12:00 P.M.-8 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M.-8 P.M.
Saturday: 8 A.M.-4 P.M.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Come to the BEST Plant Sale!!

This is an awesome sale. I don't live in Essex County but if I did, I would join the Maplewood Garden Club!

o

Does anybody know how this sale is in terms of plants native to NJ?

Thanks. -- Lori

o

Hey jarnold,
We have non-Essex-county members. We even have non-NJ members! So, come to a meeting and check us out. Talk to some of the workers at the plant sale; they can hook you up with an application. We have lots of great speakers (meeting is first Monday of each month) @ 7:30 in the M'wood Memorial Library, and LOTS of fun events.

Hey Lori, there is a nice selection of "woodland plants". There isn't a specific native-to-NJ section, but the perennials are sectioned this way:

Sun
Part Sun
Shade
Woodland

Just COME to the sale. It is enormous!!!! I GUARANTEE that you will find MANY things that you like. If you have questions, the members KNOW THEIR STUFF. Look for someone in a green shirt with the MGC maple leaf logo. They're not hard to spot.

o

It's fine if the natives are mixed in with the other plants, as long as they're there. I'm hoping I'll be able to drop by.

Thanks -- Lori

o

Sounds like a great sale. I'm making over landscape in both front and back yards after a new hardscape was installed last summer. Even though our property is small, it can get pretty pricey. How are the prices at this sale?

o

Sweetie, of course I'm prejudice, but I believe that you will find all the prices to overall be significantly less than what you are used to paying typically.

And here's the thing... we have a "Member Grown" section, which is the "go-to" section for bargains. Members pot up extra materials from their yard so you can get hostas and daylilies and stuff that has great success growing and spreading in Maplewood, and the prices are like a dollar or two or three. Phenomenal.

You will not be disappointed. From wherever you live, it is worth the trip. The sale starts at noon on Thursday and there is a line 50-100 people deep.

It is very well laid out and the plant material is in excellent condition. You simply MUST come!

o

I have to echo yourpal (we must know each other!), the sale is looking really good. See you tomorrow, I'll be wearing my MGC hat.

Sharon S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here