Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squirrel woes...really sad

Posted by skatayama NJ-7 (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 05 at 13:05

for the squirrel. I guess my other post didn't take but I need to know what kind of predator in suburban NJ will store it prey say in a storage shed corner under cover. I admit the shed was left open last night- not a typical occurrence.

I went out this morning to put the grill back into the shed but when I moved the grill cover there lay a headless dead squirrel. I would say its a fresh kill the insects hadn't found it yet and the flesh was still bright red. I found its front leg but not its head.

Which leads to another question? How to dispose of the carcass responsibly? I don't think it should sit around waiting for garbage pickup.

truly skeeved out on the bayshore,
Sheila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squirrel woes...really sad

Bury it a couple of feet. Perhaps a cat?

o

I hope I can dig that far down. Thoughts of zombie squirrels will keep me indoors tonight...

I did find some gore on the house way high up. After reading a few other posts, I think it was a bird of some sort.

Sheila

o

Go out and celebrate!

o

chuck it in the neighbor's yard. And if the neighbor tells you 'bout the headless squirrel he found, mention the hawk you saw that was as big as paul bunion.

o

oh, that is a shame...poor little thing
I can't stand to see anything killed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here