Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing Wild Berry & White PowWow Coneflowers in a planting group?

Posted by wannaknow1 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 14 at 14:32

I bought 2 Pow Wow Wild Berry and 3 Pow Wow White coneflowers yesterday at the Rutgers Gardens sale. Has anyone ever tried to plant these close together in an arrangement that caused them to mingle, at least on the edges? I would have planted them in a row or grouping (whites together, Wild Berry together), but one of the gardeners there said she would try them in a kind of circle, mixed so they looked more 'natural.' I am not sure if doing something like that would detract from the beauty of the wild berry alone, and I am finding it hard to imagine how they would look in a circle.

This picture is the closest I could find online to the idea of whites surrounding the berry (see first photo, about 2/3 of the way down the page, under Echinacea Purpurea). I am not sure if I love it. What do you think? Does anyone have any thoughts or photos (or alternatives)?

Here is a link that might be useful: White Coneflowers around PowWow Wild Berry

This post was edited by wannaknow1 on Sun, May 11, 14 at 14:40

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing Wild Berry & White PowWow Coneflowers in a planting gr

I don't think you can really loose on this one. You really have to look at the site and decide.
Here is another combo I found of the two.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pow wow white and Pow wow wild berry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here