Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njtea

Deer Scram

njtea
16 years ago

Please note that I have absolutely NO interest in promoting this product but I wanted to post about it because I've found it to be a fantastic deer repellent.

I bought some at a garden center a month ago and spread it on the wild currants, some of the spice bush that the deer had been feeding on and my forsythia. That was a month ago and not one of the areas where I spread the product has been touched by the deer.

The currants are going to fruit, and the Lindera and forsythia have both put out new growth like crazy.

I've taken to taking a small bag of it along on my walks and I sprinkle it on the wildflowers that I know the deer will eat such as tiarella. There is baneberry along the roadside although I've not seen any of it yet. As soon as I do, I will put the Deer Scram on that also.

In addition, I put a line of it across one of the deer trails on my property and I can tell from the growth that has emerged that the deer are avoiding those trails.

Comments (4)

• birdgardner
    16 years ago

Wow. Which garden center? I haven't seen any in the ones I go to.

I didn't know deer ate forsythia. I'd be willing to offer mine but they don't touch it.

• njtea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's a link to dealers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dealers around Somerville

• birdgardner
    16 years ago

All right! Belle Mead Co-op! Thanks, tea.

• njtea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Let us know what kind of results you get with it. I'm hoping I'm not just an anomaly.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!