Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robin_nj

Tidal Wave Petunias

Robin_NJ
18 years ago

Hi All,

I'm new to this particular forum. I'm usually on the Home Decorating @ THS. I live in Woodbridge Twp and I would like to know were I can buy Tidal Waves. I see lots of petunias at nearby garden ctrs/nurseries, but I cannot find them with that name. One saleswoman at Miele's in Clark pointed out their Petunias and there were not any called Wave...let alone Tidal Wave. I went back to her and said these aren't what I'm looking for. She said ...all petunias are the same and they are all in this spot. "Ba-bye". I checked Parker in Scotch Plains as well, and did not see any there with the Tidal name , although they did have some Waves. They really were not too much help either and I was disappointed because I thought they would be. YOUR help would be appreciated if you've managed to get some. I want to fill 3 window boxes (36"each) on my front porch railing just with these flowers. Thanks, Robin

Comments (7)

• jrzgurl
    18 years ago

Hi Robin,

I know I saw these in a recent ad, it may have been Lowes, but I can't remember. I know Miele's & Home Depot didn't have them. Good Luck......

(fellow Robyn & Woodbridge Twnshp resident too)

• alisonn
    18 years ago

Hi! Used to be from Colonia, now I'm up here in Sussex.

Walmart had Wave petunia. Do you guys have a Walmart yet down there? Home Depot might have had them, too, I'm not sure. They are so popular, that I'd check any chain store with a garden center, like K-Mart.

I like Miele's. When I visit my dad, I always stop there. But the people who work there are not always chock full of plant info.

• joyfulgardener
    18 years ago

I'm not sure how far away Woodbridge is, but I purchased some Wave Petunias at Ploch's Garden Center in Clifton right before Mother's Day. I've never heard of Tidal Waves - are they a new variety?

• Loretta NJ Z6
    18 years ago

Tidal Wave petunias are taller than wave petunias according to this link.
    Try putting a few zip codes at this link and see if anyone is selling them.

Here is a link that might be useful: ride the wave

• Robin_NJ
    Original Author
    18 years ago

jrzygurl

Hi "neighbor" ;-)

I went to the HD in Woodbridge & they had some in six-paks. So, I bought pink,purple and a rosy-fuchsia color pink. They looked in pretty good condition. The guy in HD said the waves are very popular and go quickly. He also said that they get a new flower shipment everyday, so...if you don't see what you want to came back the next morning.

Alisonn,

I have relatives in Sussex Cty. However, they are moving to FL soon. I did not think about Walmart. Yes, we have a new Walmart in Hopelawn where the old Bradlees/Foodtown was on Rte 9.

Joyful Gardener,

I appreciate your info, but Clifton is a good "Hop" from here.
    Are Tidals new?...I don't know. Go to the website that Loretta posted.

Loretta,

As I said, I already bought the waves. I did checkout the website you posted and found out some more info.

Thanks again everyone, I really did appreciate your posts.
    Robin

• cat4554
    18 years ago

I live in Edison and just bought Wave Petunias at Lowes by Wegmans near Woodbridge center. I bought white & hot pink color. I do like them BUT by August they get all leggy and don't look as good as in June & July. I still planted some but this year in my flower boxes I did vinca flowers and impatients.
    Mary Ann
    Edison

• skatayama
    18 years ago

Dutch and Olga's in Keyport/Hazlet on Hwy 36 usually has Wave Petunias. I don't know if they have Tidal Wave petunias.

Sheila