Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rhodie_chick

rhododendron issues

rhodie_chick
12 years ago

I have an ongoing issue with rhodie wilt in one area of the garden.. we had a severely hot summer last year but i noticed the plants do well for a year and up to 3 years and then they start wilting and gradually go brown and die.. A bit of mold comes over the branches. I was told the rhodies that I was planting were not hardy in my zone (although others I bought were supposed to be locally grown), there was not enough sun, etc.. I have no problem with exbury's except for deer eating the buds, have huge deciduous and evergreen azaleas over the property doing really well but establishing rhodies in this one part of the garden is frustrating. Now I bought 2 arborvitae grown locally and one is looking fine but the other place near the dead plant area, is looking like it is wilting.. Is this a fungal soil or grub issue possibly? We are known in my area for japanese beetle issues and I used grub killer every year. Also I notice water seems to pool in this area and my cedars in this section are kind of stunted. HELLLP

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions