Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21934719

Magnolia grandifloras: Home Depot bargain

User
15 years ago

So I'm at the HD in Lodi earlier today. I spy a Little Gem Magnolia in a nice size container (between 5-6 feet). Last week I purchased a Brackens Brown grandiflora there (over 6

feet tall)for $39.00, so I expected to pay the same for the Little Gem. Well, first I was told to get a label from another one out back (like this is supposed to be the customer's responsibility). Then I am told, that the bar code label that I ripped off another Little Gem was not adequate because it was missing some zebra bars and needed to speak to the manager. (Is this place exasperating or what!!) Well, I remained composed throughout and was thrilled when they charged me only $24.00 dollars for it! (Would have paid $39.00.!) Nice additions to a collection already including Victoria, Majestic Beauty, Greenback and another unknown cultivar. So if anyone is interested in Southern magnolias in North Jersey, HD in Lodi still has a few Bracken's Brown and Little Gems available (God only knows how much you'll be charged though!) Good Weekend!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals