Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steve and Melody's Garden in the Woods

Posted by loretta z6 NJ (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 07 at 21:57

Took me a while but I finally organized some pictures from Steve and Melody's plant swap. Keep in mind this was the beginning of May. I'm going to try to link to an album as there are too many pictures to post. Let me know if this works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Steve and Melody's Woodland Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steve and Melody's Garden in the Woods

Thanks for posting them. You take good photos!

o

Your welcome! And thank you for having us!

o

Well, if we're sharing pictures... here are a few of mine. Notice there's only a couple that overlap with Loretta's pics. Steve has the palms planted at various public buildings in Willingboro.

WW

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures from Steve and Melody's garden

o

Steve, what was the name of that fastigiate cornus?

o

Loverly garden Steve and thanks loretta and weedwoman for posting the photos.

Disanthus does grow to be quite big! I am going to have to move it! (but where, I do not know). I like the color of the emerging leaves and the lovely purple fall color.

Manny

o

Yes, it does. I've seen one much bigger in another garden in Z5. Maybe it can be kept smaller like other suckering shrubs by thinning out or training to one or a few stems?

o

Thanks for the info Loretta. I may have to move it - eventually. The specimen I got was growing almost prostrate - but is was only $12 in Oct 05 and it has done fine with minimal care but has grown slowly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here