Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks, Steve and Melody

Posted by birdgardner NJ/ 6b (My Page) on
Sun, May 7, 06 at 22:20

It was a great swap and your gardens are just as beautiful in the spring. I hope I have a chance to see the garden beyond the stream as it progresses.

All the bare-root plants are potted up or in the ground.

And thanks to all the other swappers, for the plants, the good food, and your company.

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks, Steve and Melody

Ditto to Lisa's message. It was a wonderful time and even though I've been there before I am still overwhelmed by your garden. All my plants were potted up last night and they all looked perky and revived by this morning when I left for work. I left with some great plants! Now if I can only decipher my notes as to what they all are.
It was good seeing some familiar faces, too.

Thanks again Steve and Melody!

Dana

o

Overwhelmed is the right word! I knew it was going to be special from all the posts that came before but I didn't expect the magnitude of it. One afternoon was not enough to take it all in. Besides having wonderful specimens of many plants I've only seen described in a few, far away catalogs, you've taken on many plants that send other gardeners for cover.
Thank you so much Steve and Melody for your time, efforts, generousity and patience and for inviting a stranger like me into your home to share our common love of gardening. Thanks to all who shared their plants with me. It was a wonderful afternoon and so nice to meet all of you.
Loretta

o

Thank you Steve and Melody! I'm another person who was also surprised at how wonderful your gardens are even though I was told about them in advance.

Thank you also to everyone who attended! I'm really excited about the plants I got. It was great to see everybody again, and meet some nice new people.

Lori

o

Steve and Melody :

Magnificent is the word that comes to mind. Some of you may know that I am a camellia fan and I had not known of any outdoor camellias in this area that were over 10 feet. Yours were truly spectacular; over 20 feet. (Mine may be planted too close; I was not counting on more than 12 feet!) I had planned on leaving at two but just stayed on and on. Thanks for your hospitality and generosity.

Thanks for your generosity and for the generosity of all the swappers. I ended up taking many of the plants that were left over after most had departed and they were all good.

Thanks to all

Manny

o

Thank you Steve and Melody! I really did not have any idea about Steve's gardens before I came to the swap and I am still drooling over them. Truely amazing....
I am thankful for fellow gardeners for their plants and one thing I have realized is that I have far more learning to do.
Padma.

o

We enjoyed having everyone visit. Food was good also!

o

Ditto to all of the above. What a wonderful day!

WW

o

When was the swap???

o

Swap was on Sunday May7th and it was great.
Padma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here