Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We need a post it map

Posted by skatayama NJ-7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 05 at 8:04

There have been so many posts recently with must-see and visit Jersey nurseries. We need a post it map for this forum. It seems so many of us are transplanted NJ'ers. Wouldn't it be neat if there could be a clickable map of Jersey here to help the geographically challenged among us?

Sheila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We need a post it map

Well Sheila , they do have a clickable map - its called Mapquest but this doesnt help if you dont have an address , but you can always get that in the web telephone book . Rick

o

Yeah, but why not put all only the sites people have mentioned here onto a map. I think there is a way to do it. Some of the mail lists used to have maps to show where there members were located. It would be neat to get an overview of where these nurseries are and even neater if you could click and get the address or contact info. I should get that building a web page book out when I get a chance and figure one out.

Mapquest is my least favorite online map service. the last time I used it was for my trip to Rare Find Nursery where it got at least two turns wrong.

Sheila

o

Sheila,

Although I use Mapquest all the time and it's indispensible for me, you are right, it does sometimes give errors. Also, it sometimes sends you down some weird back roads when there's a more direct route. I cringe whenever someone uses it to find my house because they invariably get lost. There are easy ways to get to my house, but Mapquest doesn't use them.

I think that a map like you want would be nice, but I don't know of any software that will let you easily do that. Other than that, you'd have to do it by hand - not an easy task.

Ellen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here