Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tomato wilt

Posted by mulchwoman metuchen,nj (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 8, 10 at 11:17

Hi
I plant Celebrity tomato plants because they are resistant to just about everything. I have wilt in my soil.
This year one of my plants has developed wilt and will have to be pulled out, and now another one is starting. My garden is very small and I only have 4 plants.
Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tomato wilt

I can't help your wilt problem but I can make a sugestion. Go to home depot/Lowes, whomever, and buy a few of those tubs they sell for about 8 bucks. Plant a container garden. You could still get some decent sized starts to salvage your season till you figure out why your soil is sick.

My Tomatos were crap the last 2 years because of stuff like you have now. This year I mulched heavy with straw/Hay and I'm hoping that helps me out.

Good luck.

o
RE: tomato wilt

Crop rotation. When you plant the same things in the same places year after year, the soil is depleted and virus and mold and other diseases may remain in the soil. As above, plant in a different place; a container or another place on your property.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here