Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zinnia trouble

Posted by dazed77 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 12:55

Hi there!

I live in NJ close to the Hudson. I am growing zinnias and they seemed to be doing well, except that the leaves are wilting. I am not sure if it is due to over-watering or sweltering temperatures or due to come other reason.

Kindly take a look at the photo below. I hope you all are enjoying summer gardening!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zinnia trouble

looks like they need more water...touch the soil with your finger if you are not sure..if it is too dry it needs more water...
also..if the leaves are turning yellow, it means over-watering.
if they start to turn brown(dry)at the tips, they need more water.

zinnias need plenty of sunlight, heat and regular watering..I live in NJ, I plant them every year and they bless me with a blast of blooms.. :) good luck!

o

check the drainage too...if excess water is drained properly...

o

Thank you!!!! :-)

o

Is this plant on a terrace? I see a lot of brick and concrete. Keep in.mind, official temps are recorded off the ground, in the shade--around here, those temps have been quite hot (upper 90's), they can get much hotter on a terrace without a lot of other plants or evaporation. Plus, you have to deal with wind. I know because I used to have to garden on a terrace. It's a challenge!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here