Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimcnj

Nursery Sales

jimcnj
18 years ago

Maybe we can start posting good nursery sales. Today I went to Green Swamp and they had a 20% off all plants sale Picked up some double Hollyhocks and an Aster. Anymore out there?

Comments (9)

• tracey_nj6
    18 years ago

Lowe's has perennials on clearance racks already. I got a few large containers of columbines for $1, peony and gaura for $2, and small containers of clematises for $1. Surprisingly, they were all quite healthy.

• Bob_NJ
    18 years ago

This is a good time to go to the big box stores and get the leftovers. The flower growers who supply the big boxes don't get paid for their flowers until someone buys them, if no one buys them the grower doesn't get paid...
    I grow and sell flowers for a living and don't discount because all my hanging baskets are two and three times bigger than they were a month ago so in a way, at full price they are a bigger bargain then ever... Bob.

• jerseygirl07603 z6NJ
    18 years ago

Metropolitan Plant Exchange is having 40% off sale July 1 thru July 6. I like the store in Fort Lee - haven't been to the others. Sale is on everything. Good opportunity to get stone planters/decorations cheap as well as plants.

• foofna
    18 years ago

Say Tracy, which Lowes are we talking about here? Do you think the would still have any bargains left by July 3, or were there just a few?

• foofna
    18 years ago

I'm sorry Bob, I'm not sure I know what a "big box" store is, but it sure sounds interesting. Could you please explain? Thanks.

• tiarella
    18 years ago

For the Freehold general area take rte 18 S to Morganville exit that puts you on 3 or Tennent Rd. continue for about 4-5 miles Nursery is on the RIGHT side of the road and the name starts with Edelson's? something like that. Have only been there once before. Perennials 2.99 or 2 for 5.00 and small potted plants are now 12 for $8.00 or 99 cents each! They don't have a huge variety but what they have is reasonably priced!

• sharpshin
    18 years ago

also, casola on route 35 in marlboro? colts neck? 30 percent off nursery stock and containers planted with annuals. i got a gorgeous $30 planter with coleus, petunias, sanvitalia and other stuff for $20 and a cape fuchsia for $6.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    18 years ago

Foofna, "big box" refers to any of the big chain mass-marketers, Home Depot, Lowe's, WalMart...

• pam21
    18 years ago

I shop Lowes for their clearance items. I save a large numbers of lilis and other spring plants they had on sale for 50 cents each. The perennials just needed water and they bounced back.

Home Depot had a pile of shrubs marked for trash. They said there policy forbid selling them and they throw them in their dumpster. I was tempted to go dumpster diving but figured if I got caught it would be a tough one to explain to my family.

Lowes is the place for me. I respect that they don't just throw the plants out when they are past their prime.