Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who can recommend a nursery in Nothern NJ?

Posted by wahinemakai 07043 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 05 at 14:14

I just moved to northern NJ and I am looking for a nursery with a great selection on perennials, shrubs, annuals etc. as well as good quality and price. I am a first time yard owner so a helpful and knowledgeable staff would be great too.

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who can recommend a nursery in Nothern NJ?

great would be somewhere in either Essex, Union, Passaic, Bergen or Hudson County...thank you

o

I live in Union county- I frequent Amberg Perennial Farm in Scotch Plains- good prices, real nice owner, good honest advice; Williams Nursery in Westfield- pricey, great selection, nice place to visit, ample knowledgeable staff;
Dreyer Farms in Cranford- Nice vegetable plants, good prices for annuals like 4 pack of Foxy foxglove starts for $4.00, nice people; Parker's in Scotch Plains has a big selection also nice houseplants, pots, garden accessories.
Outside of Union I go to Great Swamp Greenhouse in Meyersville- they have a big selection of plants. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amberg

o

I second Parker's and Great Swamp. I also check in occasionally at the Farm at Green Village (up near Madison/Chatham)

o

Condurso's in Montville!

o

From your zip you may be up by me....try Rohsler's Nursery in Allendale, awesome, unusual plants, ok prices. Also, Metropolitan Plant Exchange in Fort lee has a great selection and very reasonable prices. One more, Secor Farms in Mahwah, the most fabulous annuals anywhere and also perennials. Ok, one last one, on the smaller side but nice, try Strawberry's in Wayne

o

Miele's in Clark

o

I am partial to the Swamp in fact my wife claims that I am no longer allowed to go there unsupervised as I always show back up with a ton of new plants every time I go over there. The plant prices there are very good too.

o

I just discovered Williams Nursery in Westfield last week and its wonderful, although a bit pricey....

o

Don't forget Gro-rite in in Lincoln Park off rt 23- Great prices and selection
Good luck

o

And don't forget Van Wingerden's in Lincoln Park for annuals. We spend a fortune there and at Gro-Rite every April. I just wish they were both open on Sundays.

o

• Posted by Twelve Z6NJ(central) (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 28, 05 at 15:34

I like DuBrow's in Livingston. Pricey, but most of their perennials come in big pots and settle in very well. I frankly tend to get most of my annuals at Home Depot, but DuBrow's usually has some unusual offerings I don't see elsewhere, especially in petunia varieties.

o

I would suggest Metropolitan Plant Exchange (they are located in Fort Lee, Paramus, and West Orange). Also good is Strawberry's in Wayne (I have found many more rare exotics there). Also good is D'Angelos in Dumont (especially for winter hardy plants) Also, try Corrados in Clifton (I have bought citrus and banana trees in addition to hardy Southern Magnolias here). Finally, try DiPiero Farms in Montvale, NJ (near NYS border). Good luck!

o
HD plants

How could I forget Home Depot, say what you will about them. They're the store everyone loves to hate, but their plants (hardy and tropical) are a bargain (try Lodi's HD).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here