Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Earthworm Castings

Posted by scross4 z6 NJ (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 07 at 15:07

Looking for a nursery in central NJ or in Bucks County, PA that sells bags of earthworm castings. Any sources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Earthworm Castings

hi,
I don't know about bags, I'd like to find that too, but Coppola's sells castings in small packages. Coppola's is on New Durham Rd, I think the city is Piscataway or Edison.

It's kinda expensive. BTW you can also get worm castings online.

ellen

o

Whole Foods, Princeton, Rt. 1

o

Thanks, I would have never have thought of Whole Foods, but now that I think about it I should have tried they first....thanks

o

I just bought some at the Whole Foods in Princeton. They had two sizes, one for five dollars, the othe for ten. I have also seen them at Ferris Farms (690 Cranbury Road in East Brunswick) for approximately the same price. Copolla's in Edison has them.

They seem very expensive to me. Are they worth the money?

o

Wouldn't you be better off just buying worms? Or amending the soil to attract worms?

In any case, Donaldson's Farms right outside Hackettstown also sells this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here