Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancem_gw

Planting Dublin Bay-50% Off Roses at Sickles

nancem
14 years ago

For anyone interested, Sickles has a sale. I picked up a Dublin Bay for $9.90 on Friday! Probably 30 or so plants were there at the time.

Any advice on planting? (Southern Monmouth County/Tinton Falls).I read a few articles and think I may have ended up with a mixed recipe. Dug a 2'x2' hole where an old climber had been...(frankly, not at all cared for properly). I've got Scott's mix of Humus and Manure and I picked up triple phosphate, figured I'd throw in some ripped up banana peels too. Didn't put it in the hole today figuring I'd check first if I'm doing the right thing. Will backfill exisitng dirt to depth of 18"/tamp lightly, then water, throw in handful of phosphate and two banana peels, then 50% mix of the humus/manure with existing soil. Get union to 1" above soil. Water/tamp lightly so that union is 1" below soil. Top with 3-4" mulch. Water daily for the 1st week; 2 or so times therafter; wait a month to start RoseTone fertilizer and do monthly until September. Am I proceeding properly?

Thanks for any help.