Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hugabug_gw

Off with it's 'ed!

hugabug
18 years ago

I finally get rid of the woodchuck,and now my garden is being ravaged by bunnies.(Tiny little @#$*s that can squeeze through the fence.)Any suggestions?-Do I have to bring the woodchuck back?

Comments (9)

• kkfromnj
    18 years ago

Only 1 woodchuck? So far I've caught 2 this year and there is AT LEAST 1 more lurking around. Best of Luck.

• sharpshin
    18 years ago

line whatever fencing you have up with 1/2" hardware cloth. problem solved.

• Sally_D
    18 years ago

get a dog

• hugabug
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sally D...As a matter of fact I do have a dog. A big, black dog. He patrols the garden area frequently and looks like he is ready to tear apart anything that trespasses. I found out recently, however, that this has all been an act!We (quite by accident) stumbled upon a woodchuck that had his fat furry body stuck under my garden fence. My trusty sidekick and I were THREE FEET AWAY from the intruder and as much as I pointed and yelled (KILL,KILL!)MY DOG LOOKED EVERYWHERE BUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE. Even when the garden thief freed himself and ran across the lawn, directly in front of him(GET'IM,GET'IM!)MY 72LB DOG RAN THE OTHER WAY!!!
    I am convinced that my dog has some kind of deal with the animals that live in the yard, but he's not talking.
    Yet.

• ladychroe
    18 years ago

Try torture

• hugabug
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Christine,do you mean the dog or the woodchuck?

• ladychroe
    18 years ago

The bunny, as an example to the other animals. Shows 'em what happens when you mess with Hugabug's flowers.

• flowersandthings
    18 years ago

Dont' kill them whatever you do. There's still alot of rural places in NJ but hopefully someday they won't dwindle to almost nothing or NOTHING! My area/neighborhood just got cut down a LARGE patch of woods. After loss of habitat some animals in the area dissapear. County your blessings. I'd like to have a little more "lettuce" damagea again aka farmer McGregor. I still get things (bunnies etc.) but less. I got excited when I saw a woodchuck cross my path the other day. It can be stinky without a good lot of wildlife around. Some animals are just like some family (we are all aren't we anyway?) can't live with em' can't live without em' doesn't mean you exterminate them though.... right? :)

• karen64
    18 years ago

No bunnies since my daughter received a kitten 2 years ago. Before that, I was draping fish line on the plants and it was working just fine. the stuff can be annoying, (fish line) but I could cut it off if it became too entangled onto a certain plant. If only it worked on japanese beetles!!!!!!!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH