Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cymron Cottage

Posted by lad6b (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 07 at 22:08

Cymron Cottage is a small nursery that I discovered by doing a seacrh on Daves web site for nurseries within 20 miles of my zipcode.

We called, made an appointment to visit and discovered a small nursery with marvelous plants, many difficult to find any where else.

Jerry Carnes, the owner, is very knowledgeable and helpful. He runs a landscaping business and his retail sales are a sideline so if you want to visit you must make an appt.

This year we bought: Cedrus d. "White Imp" (5), Lagerstroemia x "Chickasaw" (3), Sisynchrium bermudianum (2), Gardenia j. "Kleim's Hardy" (1), Daphne transatlantica "Summer Ice (2), and a 5 ft Syringa laciniata.

We have also reserved Crataegus monogyna "Inermis Compacta", and Ulmus x elegantissima "Jacqueline Hillier." Jerry will have them dug for us later this year.

The latter two are very rare and to find large examples of them in beautiful condition is amazing.

His web site is: http://shop.cymroncottage.com/ and address

417 Monroeville Road
Monroeville, NJ 08343

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cymron Cottage

Thank you. That is a new one for me. Summer Ice is a nice find. Prices seem reasonable. I don't like that I have to make an appointment though. It makes me feel pressured to buy.

o

Loreta, I don't think you would feel pressured if you visited the nursery. Jerry is low key guy.
He is not there in regular hours - we've been there after 4:00.
E-mail is a good way to contact him.

o

That location is relatively close to home and closer to work so I will probably visit soon.

I see you bought gardenia, "Kleims Hardy". That plant does not bloom or survive outdoors in New Jersey. I use lonicera serotina as a substitute for fragrance at this time of the year

pontesmanny

o

Pontesmanny,
Thanks for the info on Lonicera serotina. We did know were "zone pushing" and put it in a protected location. Its supposed to be hardy in zones 7 - 10. That not too big a push as (in my opinion) S Jersey is becoming zone 7

lad

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here