Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorettanj

Darrel Apps - Woodside Nursery

Loretta NJ Z6
17 years ago

Did anyone else hit the openhouse yesterday? It is the one day a year where Darrel Apps opens his entire garden to the public though parts of it are open other days. I almost didn't go because it's so far for me but my relative wasn't put off, so we went. Glad I did because I understand Darrel Apps is going to retire after next year and though daylillies aren't a favorite, it was still spectacular. I will try to follow through with pics this weekend. There are few other weekends in July for purchasing on site. Check out their "close out" sale days where you buy out an unreleased type in bulk. I understand the plants go from fifty cents each to two dollars, depending but you have to buy the whole bed and be prepared to wait for them to dig them up. You have to divide, label, pack and be ready to handle unpotted plants.

We continued down the road to Blue Sterling. Unfortunately, it was so hot, my relative was really feeling it so we couldn't take it in. Much the working nursery, there is no real garden to see though a few specimens are planted around. Still nice plants to be had and nice people. This won't be open again til next year. I would have picked up a few things if we weren't so wiped out. Too bad because conifers is the category I really needed. Next time I will have to hit this one alone after studying the catalog.

We were too wiped to go to Fairweather where I have a credit awaiting me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodside Nursery

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH