Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Currents or gooseberries

Posted by jeremynjz6 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 17:23

Does anyone know a source of wild gooseberries, currants, pawpaw, or any other unusual fruiting plant in southern new jersey. I am near Wharton so I have a bunch of blueberries and huckleberries already.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Currents or gooseberries

Gooseberries and currants are, actually, on the list of plants you cannot have shipped into NJ, unless the laws are changed. But they get here by being handed from person to person.
If you keep asking, someone near you may have more than enough, as currants and gooseberries tend to spread.
People come to the Columbus Auction with plants to sell, quite ignorant of the fact that selling currant bushes, here, is frowned upon.
Consider Raspberries, also, as my Fallgold gives me two crops a year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here