Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersandthings

Rose nurseries in NJ ????? :)

flowersandthings
19 years ago

Does anyone know of any rose nurseries in New Jersey or of any nurseries that carry a large selection of roses..... among other things????? :)

Comments (8)

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    19 years ago

You already know about Sickles in Little Silver. A CR (and hybridizer) manages their rose department in the spring/summer.

Middletown Garden Center, Middletown. (they had Belinda's Dream potted, which I had never seen before around here)
    The Plant Outlet, Red Bank. They had a nice selection of rugosas this year.
    Barlow's Flower Farm in Sea Girt.
    Forcellati's in Wall.
    Brock Farms in Colts Neck and Freehold.
    Guaranteed Plants and Florists in Locust (Middletown Township).

• dighappy
    19 years ago

How about the South Jersey are? I would love to add to my currently small collection.

• Loretta NJ Z6
    19 years ago

Kaufell Gardens in New Hope, PA always has an interesting selection though I didn't go this year - if you like antique roses, climbers and austins. They are only open from April through June and have a nice display of roses. Also perennials, herbs. Reasonable though they go up a little each year. I try to go close to opening to get the best stuff. She use to buy from Pickering but now I notice a lot is from Star.
    Let's see, some roses I bought from her in the past:
    Variegata di Bologna
    Madame Pierre Oger
    Yesterday
    Ambridge Rose
    Pink perpetue
    to name some. If you check the website in March or April, sometimes they list what they will carry. Otherwise you can email.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kaufell Gardens

• Sally_D
    19 years ago

The owner of Kaufell's said she will only be carrying
    climbing roses next year. Shady Brook Farms, Newtown, PA, had a big selection and a lot of Romanticas. Geerlings, which is near Kaufell's, had a nice selection of Austins and others.

• bogturtle
    19 years ago

noticed quite a large offering from Atlantic Nursery here in Atlantic County. Did not go out among them this past summer, though I visited a least 2x.

• Loretta NJ Z6
    19 years ago

Too bad. I guess this is the trend with Kaufell Gardens now as she mostly had climbers last year as well. But I am sure there will be some more unusual climbers. You might try mail order. My favorite way to buy roses is to go to the botanical gardens in Brooklyn and the Bronx, write down my favorites and go hunting for them.

• Kathy
    18 years ago

Does anyone know what happened to Hoverman's in Rochelle Park? There's a car dealership on the site now. Did they close, or relocate?

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    18 years ago

Here's one more:
    Morganville Flower Farm
    406 State Route 79, Morganville, NJ 07751
    (732) 591-8920

I'm told they put their stock on sale the first week in July, and they have a good selection of Shrub and OGRs.

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County