Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to plant

Posted by senga z6NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 10, 05 at 10:32

Hi guys, I live in Hunterdon county for over 3 years now, moved here from Union with dreams of beautiful gardens and now I basically switched to house plants, since if it is not deer, it is groundhogs that eat everything. But I need your advice on what to plant in front of my house. I have two rised beds, sourranded by stone walls about 20 inches high. Both are southern exposure but under huge trees, one has two of those growing inside the wall. Right now I have some helloborus, that's doing fine, about 20 roses(miserable), peonies(OK), hydrengas(eaten) and some tulips and imperial crowns for protection from squirells. And some hostas, as long as they are not eaten. This year I decided that may be some evergreen conifers or such will survive drought, wild life and shady conditions. What kind of shrubs or perenials will you advice, evergreen or not blooming or nor as long as they do not grow more than 3 feet. I will appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to plant

If you check the Landscaping forum, many of the experts can make recommendations for your property.

Hope that helps.

Vicki

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here