Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marthacr

looking for info on a NJ greenhouse company

marthacr
15 years ago

Does anyone have any information on this company that existed in the 70's and 80's?

Did they get bought out, go out of business, or rename themselves?

English Greenhouse Products Corporation

Davis and Copewood Sts.

Camden, NJ

I have one of their greenhouses and want to know if any information, manuals, or parts still exist.

Thanks,

Martha

Comments (16)

• mastergardenerfrank
    15 years ago

Martha here is a link to a company that had them as a client at some point. Maybe you could shoot them an email, and they could tell you if they are still around.
    Hope this helps.
    Frank

Here is a link that might be useful: Lead for Ghse.

• waynecatt
    15 years ago

I have the manual for the duo pane lean to model 812 as well as a sales brochure . .I am looking for a replacement for the vinyl strips that hold the upper glass in place it has deterioriated over the years . . Wayne

• marthacr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is your greenhouse a "florada"?
    I have some vinyl strips that I did not use because I used twinwall and it didn't fit into some of the pieces, and I also didn't have a complete manual so didn't know where some of the pieces went. If you can send me a photo of the part you need, I may be able to help you out. If you have some of the instructions that I am missing, maybe we can help each other out!

Martha

• marthacr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wayne

Are you still interested in some parts for your greenhouse? I never got a response from you.

• thax
    14 years ago

I have a English Greenhouse sun room from this company with double glazed glass. I have Mold and moss growing in between the windows. Does anyone know how to get glass out so I can clean in between them.

Thax

• bart_in_wisconsin
    14 years ago

We have an opportunity to dissasemble and move a English Greenhouse Ltd ( Camden NJ company ) measuring 10 x 12 ft. Plan is to pour a slab and build a garden shed on the north half of the slab and add the ex-sunroom turned greenourse to the southern half of the slab.

It would be easier to dissasemble the greenhouse with a set of plans. The site were removing the English Greenhouse/sunroom from does not have the plans anymore, so Im hoping to locate a set.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Bart

• bart_in_wisconsin
    14 years ago

Well, Im almost half way throuogh dismantling the English Greenhouse. So far, it's not all that bad, ...actually very manageable. Soon It will require some extra muscle when the glass pannels are removed. I'll keep posting developements.

• bart_in_wisconsin
    13 years ago

Well... Today I have a small crew comming over to help with dismantling and the relocation of the greenhouse to our place. The double panes are all compromised, but for a greenhouse, it should function well enough.

• PRO
    English Greenhouse Products Corp.
    8 years ago

I was employed by EGPC in the 80"s as a shop foreman in the special projects dept. We manufactured all commercial and bastard size greenhouses. All standard size such as 8-10-12 feet feet were packaged at our facility but were extruded by Aluminum Shapes (Delran NJ), and fabricated at FBF Industries (Southampton Pa.). Any help with the ID of parts or plans can be gotten from Alan Casperson (Pennsauken NJ) who was the plant mgr from its startup and has a unique memory for part numbers and the like.

• johnm4025
    8 years ago

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Alan?

• Rita Turner
    7 years ago

I am trying to replace broken window latches in my English Greenhouse. Does anyone know the manufacturer? I can't find a reference for this part.

• Laura Nicholson
    6 years ago

I just came upon this post as I'm also searching for plans and some pieces to a greenhouse from 1979 that was never actually installed! I have extra pieces (6x gazing bars and 3 of the end bars that make up the sides) as well if someone would be willing to help me out. I have some very basic plans and have been kinda working it out myself but if you have better plans I would love them. I am missing 2 I-beam support bars that I know of thus far. If you have some and/or info on how I can purchase those somewhere, please email me directly!

I have the "Florada Lean-to Conservatory 88&812.

lbethnicholson@yahoo.com

Laura

• pettuspenny
    6 years ago

I have an English greenhouse Camden NJ that needs resealed and or glass cleaned.Does anyone know who to contact to service the room 8x12? Send me a number to contact the company please.

Penny from Pittsburgh,PA

• HU-754247447
    5 years ago

scrap 2016

scrap 2016

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scrap 2017

I have a witch of 13 square meters Florada 1978 Greenhouses 2 pcs I bought 2016 and 2017 150 € pcs I plan to renovate and make one greenhouse. Does anyone know anything about the fastening strips of those curved plexes, it has been reportedly a thick list. The garden movement said, who has resold them long ago. There is little information about the Internet in the world.

Add more pictures here from your own

(Beautiful conservatory)

davidmalkia@gmail.com

• HU-472042985
    4 years ago

I bought a house and in the garage I found a greenhouse parts and plans in a box and glass for a English Greenhouse Products Corp. I'd like to put it together, Please contact me if you can assist. stevennage@verizon.net Thank you

• Rachel Easton
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I recently purchased one of these (There is no makers mark anywhere so that was challenging enough to figure out what I have) for $20. By comparing the parts I have with the diagram and photos above, I am certain thats what I have.

A woman on Facebook near me is selling one, new in the box from 1979 and she posted some photos of the manual. I though I would share them here, in case it is helpful to anyone else.