Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
betsybr_gw

Montauk Daisy Seeds

BetsyBr
18 years ago

Does anyone know someone locally who sells these? I need som before spring. Thanks much,

Betsy

Comments (11)

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

Can't say I've seen the seeds anywhere but I've some MD plants I'll be cutting back in early December as routine maintenance. The cuttings I took June 1 rooted very readily and are now blooming for me. Let me know if you're interested.

Diane

• BetsyBr
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am so sorry I missed out on your offer. I couldn't find my post. Maybe next year. Thanks for the offer.

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

You haven't missed out - I haven't pruned yet ... but if it isn't convenient for you now, there'll be more in early June.

• BetsyBr
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Super! How far from Jackson do you live? I am just beside 195 and 537. You can write me here at
    betsy959 at optonline. dot net
    Any time, I am retired and bored silly.

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

Maybe 20 minutes? We're a couple of miles from the East end of 195, where it becomes 138, and right off Route 18. Will email you directly.

• BetsyBr
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Please tell me your screen name on your email because I delete all names I don't know?

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

It starts with my initials: DNA, and I'll reference the Montauk Daisy cuttings in the subject line.

• BetsyBr
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well "Garden State of Mind", the cuttings in water are coming along just fine. The planted ones look like death warmed over. Holidays are over, bring on spring. I gots stuff to do and it dosen't include buying more seeds.

• BetsyBr
    Original Author
    18 years ago

They all look like hell. Will holler after I get finished with the Chemo treatments. I doubt I will be puttering much till April/May, just guessing.

Betsy

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

Betsy, I'm sorry to hear they didn't take - my fall cuttings looked good at first, then pooped out. Guess this just works better with spring cuttings. I'm sorry, too, to hear you're on chemo - take care of yourself first and foremost! When I take my first cuttings June 1 I'll root them for you and will be happy to deliver them all potted and ready to go.

Di

• BetsyBr
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Re: Chemo, me too. Scarey stuff. You need not deliver but maybe by then it would be better.
    THE HOT PURPLE Butterfly bush was doing great before the snow. The lilac colored ones are 7 foot high. I didn't cut them back this year. I will next.
    Looking forward to spring.
    Betsy