Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Montauk Daisy Seeds

Posted by BetsyBr NJ (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 05 at 16:44

Does anyone know someone locally who sells these? I need som before spring. Thanks much,
Betsy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Montauk Daisy Seeds

Can't say I've seen the seeds anywhere but I've some MD plants I'll be cutting back in early December as routine maintenance. The cuttings I took June 1 rooted very readily and are now blooming for me. Let me know if you're interested.

Diane

o

I am so sorry I missed out on your offer. I couldn't find my post. Maybe next year. Thanks for the offer.

o

You haven't missed out - I haven't pruned yet ... but if it isn't convenient for you now, there'll be more in early June.

o

Super! How far from Jackson do you live? I am just beside 195 and 537. You can write me here at
betsy959 at optonline. dot net
Any time, I am retired and bored silly.

o

Maybe 20 minutes? We're a couple of miles from the East end of 195, where it becomes 138, and right off Route 18. Will email you directly.

o

Please tell me your screen name on your email because I delete all names I don't know?

o

It starts with my initials: DNA, and I'll reference the Montauk Daisy cuttings in the subject line.

o

Well "Garden State of Mind", the cuttings in water are coming along just fine. The planted ones look like death warmed over. Holidays are over, bring on spring. I gots stuff to do and it dosen't include buying more seeds.

o
RE: Montauk Daisy Seeds-Spoke too soon

They all look like hell. Will holler after I get finished with the Chemo treatments. I doubt I will be puttering much till April/May, just guessing.

Betsy

o

Betsy, I'm sorry to hear they didn't take - my fall cuttings looked good at first, then pooped out. Guess this just works better with spring cuttings. I'm sorry, too, to hear you're on chemo - take care of yourself first and foremost! When I take my first cuttings June 1 I'll root them for you and will be happy to deliver them all potted and ready to go.

Di

o

Re: Chemo, me too. Scarey stuff. You need not deliver but maybe by then it would be better.
THE HOT PURPLE Butterfly bush was doing great before the snow. The lilac colored ones are 7 foot high. I didn't cut them back this year. I will next.
Looking forward to spring.
Betsy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New Jersey Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here