Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted, bakeapple seeds or short pieces of root

Posted by jocelynpei 5/6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 6, 11 at 11:27

Does anybody know where there are some bakeapples? (Cloudberries). I would love to get some seeds when they ripen, or perhaps a short piece of root from several plants in the spring. Either will do. I'm in PEI jclarke@pei.sympatico.ca.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted, bakeapple seeds or short pieces of root

can try to get you some roots if not to late when I get bk home.Iam on the road working now but should be home in a week if you want to pay the shipping?

o

Hi woody64, I didn't notice your reply right away. Yes, I'd love some roots, and yes, I'll pay shipping. I'm in PEI, where are you? I need a clump of roots with the crown, preferabley from two or three plants so that at least one turns out to be female. This kind of plant has the sexes separate.

o

• Posted by maet z5 NL Canada (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 7, 11 at 0:29

I hope you know that its illegal to ship plants out of Newfoundland because we have potato canker in our soil.

o

I think seeds are OK though, CFIA is only worried about soil containing the nemotodes and other nasties.

o

• Posted by maet z5 NL Canada (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 9, 11 at 18:25

Yes Seeds ar ok as far as I know. It is only plants because of the canker in our soil. BTW you also can't take root vegetables either when you drive on the ferry. They will be confiscated and dumped even if they are imported by the grocery store that you bought them at.

o

Sorry,Got no seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here