Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aprils_2006

datura help

aprils_2006
17 years ago

Hello,

this is the first year I started to, grow plants from seed, and it's alot of trial and error that's for sure. I'm not sure if I should re start my daturas or if I should leave them and see what happens. I initially started my daturas around the end of february and they still haven't sprouted, but I started them in plastic egg cartons with drainage holes punched in the bottom, i'm starting to realize that this was a mistake as almost everything i had planted in there died, everything except for the geraniums, anyways today I made seed starter pots out of newspaper, took out the seeds and changed my growing medium and replanted the daturas, i am growing both angel's and devil's trumpets.I am welcome to any helpful hints that anyone has for me to help me get these flowers growing.today I have bought some new purple and yellow datura seeds, I still have a few white daturas incase I need to replant.I hope I diddn't kill the seeds. I tried to use a heating bad when I first attempted to plant. but it looked like mold was growing on the soil so I stopped that right away, I have the seeds on a bright window sill where they get plenty of sunlight at all times of the day. can anyone assist me please?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor