Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: no herbicide/pesticide lawncare help

Posted by dllfb Ontario 5a (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 16:06

Guelph, in Southern Ontario, is passing a law soon, of no herbicides or pesticides for lawn care. Can anyone give me any tips as to a weedless lawn (other than get the knife out!) I'd like to know what kind of "NATURAL" solutions people are using..that work! We have a lot of dandilions in this neighbourhood along with chickweek, clovers and moss. Thanks in advance for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: no herbicide/pesticide lawncare help

Hi there! My first suggestion would be to check with the horticultural department at local universities/colleges, and with any garden clubs in your area. They usually have fantastic ideas that work. Also there are many different lines of all natural garden products that kill weeds and pests... I know I have seen them in the Veseys catalog, as well as in Home Depot and Walmart... the brand that stands out in my mind is "Safers". Another option is to eliminate portions of the lawn (which takes a lot of water and upkeep) and replace it with low maintenance groundcovers (there are many that can tolerate high tramping, and usually won't allow too many weeds to poke through) or flower beds. I hope this helps! Good luck! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here