Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seed starting 'Larkspur'

Posted by meinpg z3 central BC (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 16, 05 at 18:18

The first year I tried starting Larkspur by seed, I had no problem, now that was 5 years ago and I can't remember what I did or did not do right. Now the last 4 years the seeds have not sprouted, does anyone have a secret about these seeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seed starting 'Larkspur'

Even though the seed packet says larkspur doesn't like transplanted, last year I winter-sowed it and had a pretty good yield. I WS'ed the seeds in mid-March and had my first sprouts in mid-May.

Good luck!

o
RE: seed starting 'Larkspur'

It's easiest to direct seed. Around here, I usually sow it about the middle of April, just after the snow has left. Soil is still cold and night temperatures are below freezing. Plants sown this way seem to be stronger and bloom longer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here