Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Location for new Edith Bogue Magnolia

Posted by kelly922 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 8:51

Just bought a new Edith Bogue - about 10' - 11' tall and sitting in my driveway ready to be planted. I would like to plant it on the west side of an open back yard (so a lot of sun) with some 8' tall forsythia behind it (about 10' to its west) and some white pines 20' away (southwest in an adjacent yard).There is also a Bradford pear about 20' to the north of the planned site as well. I need to know if this "planned" location is suitable for an Edith Bogue. It is beautiful, expensive and I've wanted one for YEARS!! So happy to finally have it and I want to make sure it thrives and survives. Also, what are your thoughts about planting it with the burlap on in the ground...so many conflicting reports about that. My experience has not been great with leaving the burlap on in the past. Your advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Location for new Edith Bogue Magnolia

Kelly - Have you asked this question on the tree or shrub forum? You might find others with experience with Edith B there if you don't get responses here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here