Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flutterbyblue2

Help! Northern PA flower question

Flutterbyblue2
18 years ago

Hi all, (I just posted this in the PA forum but I thought hey there are more experts around lets see if they can help!!)

I was wondering if anyone is from the Milford / Dingmans Ferry area to help with a garden question...I am a new member to this board in search of some experienced North PA gardening.

I get alot of mixed answers that scare me a bit about gardening here.I have moved from Vernon NJ (z6) which is only 25 min away from where I presently live now and had wonderful gardens with minor losses almost every year which I expected... some Tea roses ....and some perrenials

but most of which I planted like the Flora's and Grand Flora's

wintered well.

Has anyone had success with Roses close to my area? We just built our dream cottage and within a month will have a 8ft deer fence installed around the property (which is a must) the deer are rampant, ...nothing scares or bothers them, but we will deal with that. I am looking to fill my gardens with cottage flowers and we are planning a rose bed. I have purchased bare roots from Chamblees and J&P many are David Austins and a few Floras. Can you tell me if I just threw my $$$$ away or will they survive if properly cared for??? Please any help would be appreciated. On another note my heart and prayers go out to anyone has suffered from the recent rains God Bless!!!!

Donna

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County