Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Place in Calgary to shop for gardening/landscaping supplies?

Posted by fern.maas 3a Calgary (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 14, 09 at 13:36

I am wondering the best place in Calgary to buy stuff like grass seed, fertilizer, deep root tree fertilizer, lime, etc.

I know you can buy this stuff at the box stores, but they always sell tiny packages for expensive prices. This way of buying seems very wasteful of both packaging and money.

Is there a better way/place to buy these sort of goods? I wonder where the landscape or lawn maintenance companies buy?

The countdown until spring is on! (My tomato plants are 3" tall and I'm getting excited!)

Any help on this greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Place in Calgary to shop for gardening/landscaping suppl

Hi, I just registered and noticed that you registered on the 13th, my birthday! We go to Costco for every gardening need, the quality has been excellent and they give a 1 year guarantee on trees, plants etc. Hope this helps.

o

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 18, 09 at 20:36

Fern, there's quite a few Calgary gardeners who post on the Far North forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Far North forum

o

Have you tried
Saskatoon Farm. They supply landscapers. Give it a try, plus it's a great place to visit.

o

Is there a place within Calgary or surrounding area that has a good reputation for selling good quality hedges at a fair price? Also does it have a good return policy?

o

There are many available stores in Calgary. Why not try to search in online local directories, I'm pretty sure they have their business listed. Also kindly check out if they offer a return policy, incase you didn't like what you purchase. I hope this help. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Calgary Landscaping and Gardening

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here