Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me find a plant!

Posted by daphne_odorata 15 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 05 at 23:16

I live in zone 15 and am looking for a plant screen between a house and street. I thought of choosing Pittisporum tobira variegata. But, not sure if there is enough light. It is a northern exposure. Want something around 6 feet tall and don't have to prune too much.
Thanks,
Daphne-Odorata

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me find a plant!

Zone 15 ?????????

o

thank you Bogart. Zone 15 is Garberville, Ca.

o

Does anything grow in 15?
I'm not trying to be a smart butt, I'm just amazed. Guess I need to come out of my shell of a world, huh?
What kinds of things grow where you are. I've seen a bouganvilla (sp?) and it is lovely.

o

Well nice of you to respond Abby. I was hoping for help. And, I guess it is not that simple. Bouganvilla freezes here. WE get snow. I am from the S.F. Bay ARea. Most everything grew there. WE get so much rain up here that things drown. It's a rainforest. The redwoods live here. Thanks for the Bouganvilla thought though.
Daphne odorata

o

• Posted by Pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 5, 05 at 22:42

I think that the zone Daphne odorata is referring to is Sunset zone 15.

Daphne, you may have better response at the California forum where posters are much more aware of your climate and growing conditions and the plants that grow there. I don't think all the posters there are from southern California, as I see posters there from Sunset Zone 14. We northerners and far northerners (zones 0-5 or 6 or thereabouts) would have very little experience in helping you to choose a suitable plant. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: California gardening

o

I am looking for rosa Sally Holmes
I live in Quebec and i cannot find it.
If someone Know, please tell me.

o

Hi

I did a "Google" search and found it on the Hortico site in Waterdown, Ont. Could not see any Quebec sources. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hortico

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here