Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_legare

'New Perennials' - Thumbs up and Thumbs down?

Amandas Greenhouse
12 years ago

Hello from northern Vermont. I have a greenhouse/perennial business (nope, don't do mail orders, so this is NOT a plug) and next week I am giving a presentation on "New perennials and annuals for northern gardeners."

I seem to be in a particularly cold pocket and many of my customers from 20 minutes away are at least one zone warmer than my place. However - I will only sell plants that do well for me. And I (blush) don't mess around with finding the perfect micro-climate.

This said - I have trialed and failed with the following plants - Kim's knee high echinacea - Endless Summer hydranges - monarda petite delight - orange and yellow echinaceas - splish splash geranium (dreadful mildew/fungi) - etc.

There are plenty of relatively new perennials that I love - 'Jack Frost' brunnera, Brit Marie Crawford ligularia, pandora's box hosta, etc. Others have overwintered, but I am waiting to see performance.

I'd love to hear any of your experiences/suggestions. Thanks! Amanda (Amanda's Greenhouses and Perennials)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County