Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sub Zero Brownell Roses

Posted by cape_bretoner 4b quebec (My Page) on
Tue, May 11, 04 at 7:49

I have purchased Sub Zero Brownell Roses, couldn't resist the pictures, most of my roses are Explorer or Parkland, anyway has anyone ever tried these roses. I was on a site that didn't have too much good to say about them. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sub Zero Brownell Roses

I bought one last year and it promptly croaked! However, my green thumb turns black when confronted with a rose so my experience may not be representative!

o

I bought a couple a few years back and they both didn't survive the winter even with protection. I've also heard lately that their name is deceiving as to how hardy they are. It's too bad as the flowers really are lovely.

This year I'm going to try out Buck roses to see how hardy they are. I've heard good stories about them, so I'll have my fingers crossed.

Laurie

o

sub zero roses are not what they seem to be their not hardy as they say lost mine to

o

They are hardy for where they were developed, i.e., coastal Rhode Island.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here