Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butterflies072

Bayer advanced potting soil all in one??Scared the pesticiede in

butterflies072
16 years ago

Does anyone know if this bayer advanced all in one pottong soil(3in1 moisture control, pest control and fertilizer.) is it going to hurt the hummingbirds? Or any other friendly living species. I have seen articles about bees being effected by certain pesticides. It contains a chemical called "Imidacloprid" .005%.

I can not believe I even bought this product, I was not paying attention when I bought it, nor when I filled ALL my containers with it. I hope some one can tell me, I have not seen my hummingbirds in while, a few days or more.

Comment (1)

• glen3a
    16 years ago

Butterflies, I think no one has answered because no one really knows the answer.

I wasn't at all familiar that a potting soil existing that included a pesticide in it. Upon doing an internet search for "imidacloprid" it does sound a bit scary.

Personally, I think it's irresponsible of Bayer to be putting a pesticide in potting soil. That's sort of like a doctor prescribing and keeping you on antibiotics because you might get strep throat 10 years down the line.

I've hope you've seen your hummingbirds since the initial posting.

By the way, if you go to the bottom of the forum page, and do a search for 'bayer' on the entire garden web site, there's lots of posting of people who haven't had very good experiences using bayer brand fertilizers.

Glen

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting