Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
semigreen_gw

Sandcherries and Japanese Willow

semigreen
17 years ago

Hi, can any one tell me what is wrong with my Purple Leaf Sandcherries and my Japanese Willow? They were fine until last month  in the last couple of weeks, they have changed. The Sandcherries leaves are turning orange with brown spots - almost like dried/burnt appearance; the flowers are still on the Sandcherries and no colour change there. My Japanese Willow leaves are brown and dried up - still attached to branches. Unfortunately I am unable to attach pictures with the message.

I have two other Japanese Willows in another part of the yard and they are doing great. I have scrapped the branches on the problem Willow and they are still green but the leaves attached to them are brown and dried up.

I have various opinions as to the cause: from something wrong with the soil to a disease with the Sandcherries; no opinions on what is wrong with the Willow.

Note that the grass started turning yellow last fall in the area along the fence after a heavy rain fall (right after our neighbor stained his fence) Â could it be the type of stain he used that may have contaminated the soil around the fence area? Having said that, my Spruce, 2 clematises, babyÂs breath (all grown in the same area as the Willow and Sandcherries) are all fine but grass around the area is slightly yellowed, the Purple Leaf Sandcherries are turning orange, half the Willow is brown (the part nearest to the fence). If it is the soil, is there anywhere that I can get the soil sampled and can the soil be corrected?

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Comments (4)

Sponsored