Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
people who say they want plants but never get them

Posted by dowlinggram 3 (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 23:35

GRRR. I'm mad. I have to divide some perennials. I asked a friend if she wanted my divisions. Oh she seemed quite eager but said she couldn't come that day but would be here tomorrow. That was a week and a half ago. I have called her 3 times and still she's a no show. Well my next call will give her 3 days to get them and then they are going on the compost pile.

Why are people like that? Why can't they just say yes or no and stick to their word? Why do things have to be at their convenience and not at yours when you are the one doing them a favor?

No more. This has happened before but it will not happen again. From now on I will divide and throw what I don't want on the compost pile.

Does anyone else get frustrated by this like I do

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: people who say they want plants but never get them

Yes, my pet peeve is my neighbors promise something, and never follows through. I asked my neighbor for a phone number of a top soil supplier, and they never got it for me. I guess I have to keep asking and asking.

o

wish I where your neigbhour
I would be there

Kind of puts the neigbhour in a bad spot though doesn't it
TO bad they just did not say, no thanks

Hope you remain good neigbhours.
It is just people
all of us do some dumb stuff
seems to me.

o

Dowlinggram.... do you live in Dowling? (Sudbury) I'm in Lively

Here is a link that might be useful: Lively Dirt - The Garden Blog

o

LivelyDirt-=-Hi Neighbour. Yes I live in Dowling

o

I hear you. when a friend says she's interested in the division and never shows, it means she isnt interested. Perhaps she fetl compelled to accept when you mentioned it but is really not interested. Don't bother waiting. She may just end up throwing the plants out. In my case, when I do divisions, I stuff them in old pots and leave them on the curve as freebies. Always someone will come along and take them. I will assume that this someone is skilled in planting and will be able to take care of the divisions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here