Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orleansgardener

pests

orleansgardener
17 years ago

I have a problem with pest(s) in my garden  but I am not sure what to do since I have seen no actual insects on these plants. I have posted some pictures at:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/amiraultbrian/album?.dir=/6a9cre2&.src=ph&.tok=phJEqHFBTTrYfIVE

1) Hostas  Is this slug damage or something else? I have looked and seen no slugs in my garden. I put out some strips of carpet for them to "hide" under during the day but there are none there after a week. As you can see, I did put copper around one of the hostas (some of the leave damage had already been done so the copper may be effective). Another of my hostas is also showing similar damage as are a few of my echinacea (though not many of them and I have a lot. It is the young ones that are being damaged).

2) I am not sure what this plant is called  it grows 12-18" tall, has a pinkish purple flower (long spike). It has been cut off 4 to 6" above the ground and the tops left on the ground. We do have rabbits around (we back on a ravine)  could they be the culpert? I think the first of the marigold shots is of the same type of damage. I did not think much of anything bothered marigolds  which is why I bought them.

3) Marigolds  I think these may have 2 attackers  one that cuts them off, another that seems to really like to eat the leaves.

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated

Comments (2)