Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the name of my plant?

Posted by lavalleem (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 05 at 23:52

I have a plant which has long stems and 3 triangular shaped purple leaves at the top of each stem. They fold down at night. I am having problems with little bugs in the soil and need to know the name of the plant. Any help or tips to deal with these bugs and the name of the plant would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the name of my plant?

• Posted by Pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 9, 05 at 18:27

Perhaps it is a purple Oxalis?

o
RE: What is the name of my plant?

Thanks alot Pudge. You were right. It is the puple Oxalis.
Any ideas on where to find info about dealing with the bugs. And thanks again. :-)

Mark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here