Return to the Northern Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
USA source for northern grown hardy rose bushes

Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 11:26

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some names of some good reputable US retailers, hopefully online, where I can order some hardy northern grown rosebushes.

I ordered from one several years ago and the roses were great. I think they were either in Oregon or Washington State but I can NOT remember the name and I've searched and searched online. I'm sure I would recognize the name if I found it and I'm not finding it.

So... recommendations anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: USA source for northern grown hardy rose bushes

Try helpmefind.com and search the rosé you want then click the buy from tab to see who sells it.

Pickering, Palatine and Hortico are northern nurseries that sell hardy roses although they are in Canada.

Sorry you didn't get help faster.

SCG

o

Many sources have roses, My favorites are the Morden roses that come from The Morden Experiment Station in Morden, Manitoba, Canada. Beautiful roses and very hardy. Do insist on Morden's. Others claim to be hardy but they seldom survive here in zone 3 unless you do the Minnesota tip and that is work intensive!.

o

Try asking on one of the rose forums - there is an antique rose forum, an organic rose forum, and the main rose forum among others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here