Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minipoodle_gw

bunnies making good compost

minipoodle
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

This might seem a bit random, but i know that rabbit poop makes really good compost and is used by gardeners. So I was wondering if anyone would like to foster or adopt two bunnies? Their names are Hazel and Nutmeg, and they were rescued by a local rabbit group. (Located in the Norwalk, CT area.) I'm a volunteer who has been fostering them, but I'm moving at the end of September and can't take them with me. I recently learned that if I return Hazel and Nutmeg to the rescue group they will be put in a very overcrowded, very stressful foster place.

It breaks my heart to think of them being in such a stressful environment because that's what they've had their whole lives until they came to me. When they came to me they couldn't believe that they had space to run and explore. And that they had safe, quiet places to sleep where they wouldn't be harrassed by humans or other bunnies. Their personalities have bloomed and they are so much happier now.

They are still skittish (since they were mistreated in the past), but they are getting much better. They need a quiet home (they're indoor bunnies) that has space for their pen and supplies. They also need to be able to hop around a room in the evening to get their exercise. (They are litterbox trained.) Changing their litterbox is easy because you just dump the whole thing in the compost pile and wipe the empty litterbox.

I absolutely adore them and want to find them a good foster home or adoptive home.

I made a website about them: www.hazelandnutmeg.blogspot.com

If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in taking these cute, compost making, sweet bunnies, please look at the website and then e-mail me.

My e-mail address is at the bottom of the website.

Thanks so much,

Sharon (and Hazel and Nutmeg)