Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ingami

So-snow?????

ingami
19 years ago

Can hardly believe it, or should I say, I CAN believe it, considering the weather we've had this year so far.

Beautiful evening tonight, and now I see the forecast for tomorrow-- if it turns out to be the way they say, well-poop--

I don't even think I'm going to cover anything, what I want to save is too tall! Whatever is going to survive to bloom will survive, the rest- well, next year!

What are the rest of you guys planning on doing- are you going to attempt to cover a lot of plants?

Call me disgusted.

Faith

Comments (4)

• glen3a
    19 years ago

Fortunately the forecast here doesn't include the word 'snow' but it gets me thinking to what I would do. It's been such a cool wet miserable summer here that I might just be inclined to let nature take it's course and have an early fall cleanup of the yard. Alot of my annuals don't look that great anymore anyways. Then again, the sensible part of me says that there still could be some good weather, and it's probably better if things survive one freak snowfall and are able to keep growing as long as possible. Good luck, let us know if you did receive any of the horrid white stuff.

Alot of people are horrified to here that it could snow, in Canada, in September, but you know, all it really takes is one cold night near freezing and a cloud or two.

• larkspur_2000
    19 years ago

I n my end of the world, yes we have snow, about 6 inches of the stuff,and only +5 today, it went down to 0 last night the next few days its supposed to get better again, but we have had at least 7 inches of rain before the snow. I have given up on anything that I might have covered earlier as there was a night or two a week ago that we had frost. I feel bad for the farmers because everything in the fields is flattened and who knows when I'll get my carrots and spuds dug, oh well, what can you do? At least we don't have hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes,etc. like some parts of the world.

• ingami
    Original Author
    19 years ago

We sure do have to count our blessings, no hurricanes,
    earthquakes, etc.
    I am actually more worried about farmers ( including us! ) having to get crops off. We only have hay crops, but still, if it doesn't dry, we'll be lucky to sell the second cut for silage. Could be worse, I guess. The grain farmers have it much worse.
    For my gardens? Well, whatever will be, will be.
    I covered a couple of plants hoping they will continue blooming and set some seed, other than that, nothing.
    I bet we still get a nice fall!
    Faith

• larkspur_2000
    19 years ago

yes, it would be good to see a nice fall but who knows , the weather has been so different everywhere this year.

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz