and hope for the best. Or would they
winter over in the basement?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You
jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Fescue Still in Pots

My inclination would not be to bring them indoors - like all perennials, they need dormancy time. Try any way that you can to insulate the root ball, either by placing them directly in the soil in your garden (you can do this pot and all) or in a large container of soil, as you have suggested. I have water iris in a pot on my patio during the summer in a big Chinese bowl, but when fall comes, I sink the whole pot in the ground, and next spring they are ready to go again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Northern Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here