Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crafting4goddess

Plannings for Spring in Wisconsin...

crafting4goddess
15 years ago

Anyone in Wisconsin? Our winters are excruciatingly long while the actual growing season is very short (I came from Indiana where the growing season was a month longer...if not more).

I am putting together a Garden Calendar to help ease the pain of the grey winter days. It's just starting, but hey, it keeps me thinkin of warmer days! I've watched a couple very interesting videos online at Mokeysee.com (see link below post)& I have learned A LOT about gardening organically & what went wrong last year. So plannings to enhance the soil are in the makings to make next year a fantastic growing season. I live in a small apartment that I am lucky enough to have a little space to work with outdoors, so my garden is a 4x4 square foot raised bed garden (based on the Square Foot Gardening book) situated in a hand-made "cage" to keep hungry 4-legged critters out.

What crops would be great for early starting indoors for later transplanting outside in early spring (March-April)?

What veggies do well in partial shade? See, I live next to a beautiful woods that unfortunately shades my growing area in the summer. So getting veggies (like tomatoes, cucumbers, & herbs) to grow has been a challenge.

Thanks bunches!

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Gardening Basics

Sponsored