Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suggi1

Artillary fungus active during winter (30 to 40 degrees)

suggi
15 years ago

I found little black spots all over the front door and around it on both sides on my light green painted cedar shingles --- and my car in the driveway which is about 6 feet away. I have cedar mulch all around the brick steps there with bushes and tried to look for any mushrooms but could not really see any. I did have a problem with what I think was slime mold in the mulch during the very wet summer. It started out white and then turned black so I took it out with a shovel.

I would have thought any molds would be dormant in this weather - in fact we are having snow showers today. I thought I saw some black spots on my car last week but there is nothing on the house in front of the driveway and the spots seem to be on both sides of the car including the hood. I was not able to get the spots off the siding or the storm door (they either turned brownish on the shingles or it really seems like my scrubbing left a little hole there. I was able to get some of them off my car with a clorox wipe and my fingernail. Please let me know if it is possible for it to be that fungus and what I should do at this point. I am in Massachusetts.

Thanks much.

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional