Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happyprincess

problem with sprinkler system

Anna
17 years ago

I don't know what's wrong with my water sprinkler system. Ever since the freezing temps about a month ago, my sprinkler hasn't been working properly. I have 2 stations: one in the front and one in the back. The back gets watered first, then the front.

Every time I turn on the sprinkler, the back station doesn't turn off after the programmed 15 minutes. Turning the sprinkler control panel to *off* doesn't shut off the water. It'll keep flowing. I have to turn the water off at the *inlet shut off valve*.

The front has to be watered manually with a hose because the system won't shut off in the back so that the front could start. The sprinkler company is going to come to my house in 2 weeks. In the meantime, I would like to try to diagnose this myself before the service call. I plan to have the water running so that the service person can see for himself/herself that the water flows endlessly in the back station unless it's shut off manually.

I was wondering what can cause the control panel to be overridden. I suspect that the freezing temps had something to do with it. Can anyone offer any help or thoughts? Thanks.

Comments (2)