Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adkolson

Begginer gardener "Zucchini and ticks."

adkolson
11 years ago

So.... I started growing some herbs: rosemary, thyme, sage, and basil. I plan on using some for cooking and some for their foliage. I also purchased and replanted some zucchini, I've already lost a few to trasplanting shock but I still have six, which thanks to some research I believe will be plenty. I live in a double wide mobile home and we prepared some soil on the southwest side of our house(least foot traffic) into some raised beds. We are in the process of building a sunscreen canopy because thanks to being placed between aluminum siding and a brick wall the heat gets pretty brutal back there and the sun beats down on that part of the yard at the hottest time of the day. I am attempting to grow as organically as possible, but a friend threw a wrench in my plans yesterday. My friend grew zucchini here in las Vegas for a few years and he told me that the ticks took over... I asked if he was sure they were ticks and he described them as big grey bugs that just attacked the zucchini. Has anybody else had this experience, is there something else that they could be, I have three little girls and there is no way I can throw some ticks into the mix... Please help!!!!!!

Comment (1)