Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gooseberries in western Nevada

Posted by nevada 6 / 7 (105011.1442@compuserve.com) on
Fri, Apr 29, 11 at 15:03

Does anybody know of a gooseberry that successfully produces fruit in the Reno area? I have a Pixwell that is totally unsuccessful. I've had it for eight years and it has never produced a berry. It blossoms too soon and the blossoms freeze as we get frost and snow around here around the end of April or first week of May. There are wild gooseberries in the mountains but I never seem to be able to find them when there is fruit except for one time when I found some Indian women harvesting them and there were very few small berries.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gooseberries in western Nevada

testing

o
RE: Gooseberries in western Nevada

I had gooseberries producing fruit in Salt Lake City. Reno and SLC seem very similar to me. Sunset climate zones: Nevada, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Nevada Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here