Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abq_bob

Slow group (?)

abq_bob
13 years ago

Anyways, I'm getting ready to move out to Vegas next week. I've lived in Phx. and Abq. and it looks like LV is situated between those two, as far as climate goes.

For now, I'm going to be in an apt. and relegated to flower-box type plants. I'll have two (covered) balconies, one facing south, and one on the SW corner of the building. I'm hoping to grow some fragrant plants - currently thinking Jimson Weed, Rosemary, Passiflora, and possibly Jasmine and Bougainvillea. Most of which were marginal in ABQ due to lack of warmth, so I'm hoping they do better in LV(?)

The balconies don't have railings, they're solid, stucco walls, so they will provide shade at the soil level.

I have several of those 36" x 6" x 6" plastic flower boxes

that I used to have on my patio in ABQ. which I'm hoping to reuse. Plus some large, deep ceramic pots (18" dia x 24" deep). Any other suggestions, esp. fragrance or "wow" factor (a la passiflora)? In one of those deep pots I've already got a pineapple with several pelargoniums (scented and flowering). I'm thinking of maybe putting an artichoke in another (?)

Anyways, just looking for more ideas, and confirmation/or not on my current selections. TIA!

--Bob

Comment (1)